From v6.52 to v6.53
From v6.37 to v6.52
Fixed milestone text block "wrapped left" displaying as vertical text when starting the Swimlane Timeline from within MS Project 2013 using the "Create Swimlane..." options.
Enhanced milestone text block margins to auto size based on the milestone shape height
Added new support for Windows 8.1
Enhanced support for 2013 Visio, Project & Office
Added SharePoint Task List source data support to new Swimlane Timeline Professional Edition
Added new Font Settings option and user interface that allows users to create 1-click custom font settings that apply custom values to the Swimlane Timeline Title, Swimlane Row Titles, Task Intervals, Milestones, Timeline Rows and Date Markers. Custom font setting file values are saved and reapplied with a Style and Refresh.
Added new custom Task Row Height option that allows users to specify a custom vertical distance between swimlane sub-rows. This option provides a method to override the default vertical spacing between tasks rows throughout the drawing page. Custom Task Row Height values are saved and reapplied with a Style and Refresh.
Added new Refresh Pick Lists option to "ST Manage" menu that refreshes all pick list items. Implemented to assist users building custom Views and Legends.
Added new International Date Format support for Footers. The date format for the "Creation Date" and "Project last modified" date is taken directly from the Windows OS Region settings.
Enhanced Excel Source Data initial layout dialogue to solicit not only the Group field, but also the Worksheet if multiple worksheets are detected, and the Filter field to help users working with large spreadsheets. User selections becomes new default values when an Excel source is next specified.
Enhanced Installation MSI to support the solution install using the Everyone option for all Visio/Project/Office environments. This allows IT Departments within an organizations to logon to users systems with ADMIN rights, install the Swimlane Timeline, and register and activate it. Non-Admin users are then later able to logon to the system and have access to a fully activated and functional Swimlane Timeline solution.
Enhanced reading of MS Project MPP files exported from Project Server to include all Enterprise Custom Task Field Entities visible in the Gantt View of a Project Server schedule available in the Swimlane Timeline Filter/Group/Sort options pick lists.
Enhanced Task Height option by adding new "Shorter" and "Shortest" pick list items. Task Height values specified are saved and reapplied with a Style and Refresh.
Enhanced Date Markers by adding the ability to show "No Text", but just the selected date marker symbol, size and color.
Enhanced Milestone shapes available by adding "Harvey Balls" style shapes consisting of circles with partially filled quadrants.
Added new Copy current to Shared Folder pick list item to each custom option drop-down to make it easier in corporate environments to share commonly used Styles, Filters, Palettes, Fonts and Format Views.
Enhanced custom Color Palette by adding ability to change the "Highlight Weekend Fill Color".
Enhanced Timeline Rows option by adding ability to turn off the automatical Highlight Weekend Days when showing the 1-Day time interval.
Add Swimlane Timeline support for Windows environments with FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms enabled.
Added ability to conditionally set task font settings based on data source field values using a custom Format View XML Definition file.
Enhanced Summary Fields by adding ability to turn off Grand Totals when only Timeline Totals or Swimlane Totals checkboxes are selected affecting the display of totals beneath field titles.
Added Milestone field to Filter, Group, and Sort pick lists when no "Milestone" column exists in the Excel source data, but data rows contain milestone items with zero duration.
Added support for use of the TAB key when filling out Registration form fields.
Added Swimlane Timeline Demo Files to the installation to allow users to see working example files, and for demonstration purposes.
Enhanced the Pagination option by removing the Home & Up icons previously displayed in the top right of pages 2-n.
Enhanced the Pagination option to preserve user modified Summary Field column width settings.
Fixed Excel XLSX file type "No Data Found" issue. No longer need workaround of saving to XLS format.
Fixed Paginate display of Date Markers. No longer need workaround of delete Start Date Marker and then re-create it.
Fixed custom Styles to properly display Date Marker dates set to use international "dd/MM" date format.
Fixed error handling when saved Swimlane Timeline drawings are re-opened, and have not yet been Refreshed and relinked to the source data, to better handle Swimlane Timeline options selected that require being linked to the data.
Add ability to Show/Hide Logo. Logo setting is saved and reapplied with a Style and Refresh.
From v6.33 to v6.37
From v6.15 to v6.33
Added Support for Windows 8
Added Support for 2013 Visio-Office-Project
Reduced Installations from six to two
Requires "Just me" option installation
Install removes older custom default styles
Renewed Digital Certificate
Added New “Export Unlocked” Option
Added “Contains” Test to Custom Named Filter Option
Excel Source Only
Added Hyperlink to “Excel Row”
Added Auto-Filter of “Dummy Row”
Added Auto-Setting of “Milestone” Flag
Added support for worksheet names containing spaces
Fixed custom filter by percent_complete values
Fixed Date Marker field pick list to properly show first field in list
Fixed Paginate when no Date Markers are shown
Fixed issue when showing Dependency Connectors to place tasks when the new Refresh drawing will have a different number of swimlanes than the old drawing.
Fixed issue of preserving swimlane header column widths when forcing the no-swimlanes case when applying a style.
Fixed issue when turning Dependency Connector visibility on/off with the toggle button
Fixed issue when Excel source file worksheet name includes spaces or special characters
Fixed issue with saving / restored Date Line locations
From v6.12 to v6.15
- Fixed - When the Task Height is set to "Short" then milestone shape & text was not displayed properly
- Fixed - When the Baseline View was on, changing the Date Range could truncate baselines incorrectly and not display the baseline start or finish triangles
- Fixed - Grouping by a date field was causing "addIntervalShape" error
- Fixed - Task overlapping occasionally occurring with lowest Timeline Row set to "N-Day(s)"
From v5.81 to v6.12
- New Custom Style UI
- New Custom Palette UI
- New Default Settings
- New Baseline View
- Enhanced Date Marker
- Added "dd/mm", "dd", and "HH:mm" formats
- Added move field Up/Down to simplify Legend ordering
- Enhanced Dependency Connector
- Added "Show User Only" option
- Added "Create Dependency" right-click option
- Added middle connection points to each side of shapes
- Enhanced Swimlane Sort
- Added swimlane sort by text, dates, and numbers
- Added sort ordering of "Ascending", "Descending", and "Order in Data"
- Enhanced Timeline
- Added weekend highlight when 1-Day is lowest time interval
- Added "7-Day" time interval
- Enhanced Task Height
- Added "Taller" and Tallest" options
- Enhanced Milestones
- Added "Square", "Up Triangle", "Down Triangle", "Left Triangle", and "Right Triangle" shapes
- Added milestone right-click "Change Milestone Type" option
- Enhanced Refresh
- Added preservation of Swimlane Timeline "Title"
- Added preservation of task text orientation
- Enhanced Toolbar for Visio 2003-2007 Environments
- Added "Refresh" option
- Added "Color Palette" option
- Added "Swimlane Sort" option
- Added second toolbar
- Enhanced International Support
- Added support for all Windows Region & Language "Format" settings
- Enhanced Footer
- Added time stamp to "Creation Date"
- Enhanced Format Legend
- Changed logic to preserve Named Format Legend width and adapt page width as needed
- Enhanced Source File Selection
- Added support for "XLSM" files
- Enhanced Sharing of Custom Files
- Added reset to "No Folder" option
- Added support for custom file subfolders
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue occurring when selecting multiple Excel source files
- Fixed issue occurring when returning to “Automatic” timeline rows after previously selecting “Custom” timeline rows
- Fixed Highlight Window to work correctly with Pagination
- Fixed custom named Filter so that the filter summary position was locked at the bottom of the dialogue when resizing the custom filter dialogue
- Fixed “Visio 2010 Not Found” installation error occurring in some Visio 2010 environments
From v5.73 to v5.81
- Added Filtering to the Show Dependency Connectors option to give user more control of what dependencies are shown *NEW*
- Enhanced Sort to include sorting by any field with either Ascending ,Descending, or order encountered in the source data so users can group tasks within swimlanes based on field values. *New*
- Added support of special "quote(")" characters in custom task field names
- Added support of special "ampersand(&)" characters in custom Named Filter labels
- Fixed timeline rows from changing when using the set specific Date Range dialogue
- Fixed tasks from flowing off the page when using the right-click option to individually set swimlane layout style for the top swimlane in the swimlane stack
- Fixed error occurring when selecting "Create Swimlane Timeline" option from within MS Project when the opened MPP files were located on a network server or SharePoint site
From v5.45 to v5.73
Added Page Width Option
- Automatic Page Width (Default)
- Lowest timeline interval is a constant half inch fixed-width
- Page width grows to fit fixed-width timeline intervals to the selected date range
- Fixed Width Page *New*
- User selects Page width
- The width of timeline intervals vary to fit the selected page width
Added Timeline Rows Option
- Automatic Calendar Rows (Default)
- Swimlane Timeline determines all timeline rows to display
- Lowest Interval
- User selects lowest timeline interval
- Swimlane Timeline selects other timeline rows to display
- Custom *New*
- User selects all timeline rows to display
- User selects the ordering of timeline rows
Added Window Highlight Option
- Auto -apply to all pre-selected interval tasks and timeline intervals
- Supports right-click to manually set exact dates
- Window Highlight top and bottom can be manually changed
- Highlight text block can be rotated
Added Summary Field Option
- Display field totals of all tasks within a swimlane or timeline interval
- Supports custom field formats similar to Excel cell format definitions
- Default field format options include round up to Thousands & Millions
- Grand Totals are displayed in field header when Swimlane or Timeline checkboxes are not both selected
- Swimlane summary field column width can be manually changed
Added Named Formats & Legends
- Apply formatting to intervals and milestones based on task field values
- Display associated Legend at bottom
- Three default “Outline Level” Formats included: All, Intervals, and Milestones
- Format definitions reside in custom XML files
- Legends reside in custom VSD files
- Develop additional custom Named Formats withVisibility.biz
Added “Change Folder” Option for Sharing of Custom Named Filters, Styles, and Formats
- The user-specified folder location is searched when looking for custom Named Filters, Named Styles, and Named Formats and Legends.
Enhanced Apply Task Text Settings Right-click Options
- Right-click options to apply the currently selected task text format settings to other tasks
- Apply to All Tasks, All Intervals, or All Milestones
Enhanced Task Height
- Renamed "Interval Style" to task "Height"
- Options are Short, Medium and Tall
- Default task text font size changes with height selected
- Added circle milestone
- Changed milestone text margins to move text further from shape
Enhanced Page Level Right-click Options
- Select All Tasks
- Select All Intervals
Enhanced Custom Named Filters
- Support for multiple parenthesis allows complex compound logic
Enhanced Date Indicators
- Renamed to Date Line
- Auto-apply Date Lines to preselected milestones
Modified Show/Hide Manual Task Mode
- Shows Project 2010 tasks set to Manual Task Mode as grey filled
- Removed from default view
Enhanced User Interface
- Re-designed Visio 2010 Ribbons
- Re-designed Visio 2003/2007 Menus &Toolbar
Reduced Installation Requirements
· Removed dependency on Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO 3.0) for 32-bit Visio 2010 and Project 2010 environments. This changes the Swimlane Timeline menu in 2010 Project from “Visibility” to the default “Add-in”.
· VSTO 3.0 dependent Swimlane Timeline installations are still available if desired.
From v5.42 to v5.45
- Added a new MODE feature that supports Dynamic and Batch modes. In the default Dynamic mode, task operations like Filter, Group, and Sort are immediately applied when selected. In Batch Mode, task operations are not executed until the user either selects the "Run Batch" option or switches back to Dynamic mode. Batch mode can be especially useful when working with large source files.
- Enhanced REFRESH to preserve the currently selected date range.
- Enhanced REFRESH to preserve cross-swimlane Date Indicator line color, weight, and pattern.
- Enhanced REFRESH to preserve Page Names.
- Enhanced STYLE to save and re-apply the current Page Name.
- Enhanced STYLE to display the pull-down menu options alphanumerically.
- Enhanced cross-swimlane DATE INDICATORS to display behind task shapes.
- Enhanced FILE SELECTION dialogue to support source Excel and Project MPP Files located in a mapped SharePoint Document Library.
- Enhanced TASK NAME displayed to ignored leading space characters. This can be useful when working with Project Server Resource Center extracts.
- Enhanced FILE SELECTION dialogue to support filenames containing the plus "+" symbol.
- Fixed STYLE with multiple Date Markers to no longer create duplicate markers when applied multiple times.
- Added a new Swimlane Timeline installation for the following mixed environment: Visio 2010 and Office 2003-2007with no Microsoft Project that works with Excel source files only.
From v5.39 to v5.42
- Added new Swimlane Timeline installations for the following mixed environments: Visio 2010 and Office 2010 with Project 2003-2007, and Visio 2010 and Project 2010 with Office 2003-2007.
- Fixed issue when running with international languages and date formats like: yyyy-MM-dd and dd-MM-YYYY.
- Removed the requirement for ADMIN rights that occurred in some cases when working with EXCEL source files giving the "Error in function readExcelFile. Access to the registry key...is denied" message.
From v5.36 to v5.39
- Fixed an issue with REFRESH indicating "No tasks will be visible" when a "Named Filter" had been applied.
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a Filter-by selection filters out an entire swimlane, and subsequent filters are unable to restore any tasks from the previously filtered out swimlane.
- Fixed the issue occuring when making formatting changes to the default START Date Marker that were not being immediately applied to the Swimlane Timeline.
- Fixed the Date Marker text alignment for "Drill-in" pages.
From v5.30 to v5.36
- Added Control Handles to Date Markers to make it easy to tweak their positions
- Added Filter-by "Named Filter" pick list option that activates the APPLY Named Filter dialogue.
- Added Named Styles support of Visibility Custom Field settings (ShortName, Color, and Type).
- Added Support for Project schedules that have a blank task as the first task in the schedule
- Added Increased performance for Group-by option when using Excel source files
- Changed task top and bottom task text margins now set to 0 to increase Y-Coord position differences between Upper and Lower task text positions
- Changed Filter-by toolbar window to display the generic "Named Filter" label when any Named Filter is applied
- Changed the Project 2010 Visibility ribbon icons for "Create from Active…and "Create from Open…" to better images.
- Fixed Date Marker text collisions when a Milestone shared the same Start Date as another task at the same position (primarily seen when using Excel source files)
- Fixed Named Filters incorrectly showing "No tasks will be visible..." message when a Named Filter was selected from the Filter-by drop-down menu
- Fixed Named Filter "Define New" and "Change" Copy Row & Paste Row options (Copy, select Row, Paste)
- Fixed the generic custom task field label (e.g., Text4) from being displayed in the Swimlane Timeline Sub-heading